In today’s podcast, we will address some key news topics, articles, and associated risks around WordPress and Information Security for businesses.
Like all weeks there has been a lot going on in the WordPress Security arena, especially the new WordPress Rest API hack….UPDATE!
In this podcast, we are going to be covering the following:
- [BUSINESS] Kelly Sheridan at Dark Reading had a good post about Brand Damages vs. Breaches…Some research points out that breaches are good for business.
- [WORDPRESS] REST API Flaw is flogging gobs of WordPress Websites globally! Update Baby
- [WORDPRESS-BREACH] – BlogVault had a security breach with data exposed, more to follow
- [NEWS-VULN] Developers…learn SSDLC! 76 Popular iPhones apps found vulnerable to interception of data
Other associated links and resources mentioned in today’s show:
- [NEWS-BREACH] Intercontinental confirms a breach of 12 hotel chains to include Holiday Inn. Bugger! Freeze your Credit!
- [NEWS-SQL] SQL Slammer worm is STILL pwning SQL Server. Agree with The Register if you get schwacked you probably deserve it
- [NEWS-HACKER] Anonymous hacker takes down 10K+ dark websites to include child abuse content
- [NEWS-VULN] WordPress API Vuln being abused in recent defacement campaigns in less than 48hours! Holy Speed Racer!
I hope you enjoyed the podcast and it provides you value securing your business and WordPress site!
Listen on iTunes, don’t forget to subscribe to the show!
I know you will enjoy this episode.
Thank you for listening!
“WordPress Security Daily”
BONUS – Don’t forget you can use the content in the podcast/training for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit!