In today’s podcast we talk about General Data Privacy Regulations (GPDR), Healthcare firms increasing security spending; Recent flaws in Android Password Managers; WordPress NextGen Gallery Vulnerability, and the recent discovery of the Cloudfront issue that has since been fixed!
Let’s get started!
Topics to be covered:
- Good article on GDPR (Privacy Poo) and the hiring of a Data Privacy Owners to help get it implemented within the EU.
- Healthcare firms plan to increase security spending – 81% of Healthcare companies plan on increasing security spending
- Researchers find 26 security flaws in 9 Android Password Managers…NOT GOOD!!!! They a must, just choose wisely.
- 1 Bitcoin is more valuable than an Ounce of Gold! Giddy up, get your miners mining!!!!
- The NextGEN Gallery for WordPress is a plugin that in over 2 Million Sites! Update NOW…if you haven’t done so yet!
- Really good article about some issues that were found within CloudFront…When using proxies to help, it can open up issues!
Other associated links and resources mentioned in today’s show:
- If you are confused on how backdoors get created, here is a good article on the analysis of a simple PHP Backdoor –
- Good article of an expired WHOIS server by Sucuri – https://blog.sucuri.net/2017/03/story-expired-whois-server.html
- 11 year old Linux Kernel Bug is affecting Redhat, Debian, OpenSUSE, and Ubuntu –
- “Font Wasn’t Found” Google Chrome Malware Scam is hitting the streets…Don’t Fall for the Trap!
- Good article from @schneier on the NSA using cyberattask for a defensive posture –
- This is flipping scary for systems that sit on a closed network! Blinking lights on a computer transmit data! Ugh!
- An Ultimate WordPress Security Guide produced by WPbeginner – A good read and pretty much spells it out! –
- Black Market Medical Record Prices Drop due to Ransomeware Tactics
I hope you enjoyed the podcast and it provides you value securing your business and WordPress site!
Listen on iTunes, don’t forget to subscribe to the show!
I know you will enjoy this episode.
Thank you for listening!
“WordPress Security Daily”
BONUS – Don’t forget you can use the content in the podcast/training for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit!